Articles on the Academic Job Search
The following selection of articles from the ADE Bulletin and ADFL Bulletin provides a varied set of advice and opinion on the complexities of the academic job search in English and foreign languages.
- Alain-Philippe Durand, "Understanding and Negotiating the Telephone Interview"
- Richard K. Emmerson, "'When Do I Knock on the Hotel Room Door?': The MLA Convention Job Interview"
- Jennifer M. Stolpa Flatt, "My Career at a Two-Year Institution"
- Eleanor H. Green, "The Job Search: Observations of a Reader of 177 Letters of Application"
- Dennis Looney, "What Should You Expect from the MLA Job Interview? And What Do Your Interviewers Expect from You?"
- Shannon L. Reed, "The Journey from Graduate School to the Liberal Arts College; or, I Wasn't Supposed to Get a Job"
- Elliot H. Shapiro, "Survival and Failure, Adaptation and Acceptance"
- Jenifer K. Ward, "The Upside of 'Fit': A Cautionary Tale for Job Seekers"